Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Isn't it ironic? Actually, I'm not sure.

Time was I could channel my freakouts loudly on paper to my journal. No longer, my friends. No longer. I've sat staring at computer screens begging for the muse to poke me in my ear or pick little ticks out of my hair or something else annoying enough to make me write about how I'm slowly freaking out about the (mostly) jobless nature of my existence. But nein. Nada. Zip.

So here's something that just happened at the library that amused me. We are having a program called "Become an Optimist". I'm well aware of the notion that I could greatly benefit from attending the program but I'm working and it is completely full and there is a waiting list. Anycrap, a patron called about an hour before the program was scheduled to begin and asked if she could attend. When I told her it was full she said "I just never expected the program to be successful, so I never called."

The most ironic people alive will just never understand the joy they give the world.

1 comment: